Thursday, November 15, 2007

JPMorgan Chase CC

Had the worst day at work of all time. Was doubtful to even compete until late afternoon but then organised a couple of conference calls after the race to ensure I could compete. The race wasn't great as a result but I shouldn't blame that on the result. Tucks ran 17:36 in finishing 3rd. Based on Saturday's race, that is what I was expecting but I ran 17:54 in 7th. Ben StL ran off the front leading a pack consisting of Jeremey Horne, Tucks, Charlie Low, Anthony, Dave Dreverman and me following from 2 km after Serg and Richard H fell off. I was the first to fall off, followed by Dave Dreverman. I was running by myself from 3km onwards, trying to catch Dave but just failed. I didn't feel as though I'd really pushed myself at the end though - probably as a result of running by myself for too long and not being pushed.

Great runs by Tucks and Athony and also by Richard H who is really returning to form in beating Ray. Serg is just full of guts.

Had a manic night of conference calls after the race (meaning I missed my night of glory on the stage) but great to catch of for a few beers with Hamburglar and InHisshadow afterwards in the LightBrigade...

5 comments:

James said...

Well done Tom. It's still a PB even if you did feel you could have done better.
What happened to the AAR team? Will you be off to NY again next year ?

James said...

And there's a photo of you to boot :
http://www.jpmorganchasecc.com./index.php
You forgot to click your heels together 3 times with those lovely red running shoes before the race though ...

Superflake said...

Another PB for the week. Good stuff. I was that caught up at work I didn't get home until 8pm so I missed the race. Was hoping to sit at Darley Rd and take some photos.

Hamburglar said...

Congrats on the run Tom and good to meet you.

Enjoy the summer break!

inhisshadow said...

A great run Tom, and great to meet you after.