Saturday, June 16, 2012

City Mile Dash

4th in 4:37. Pushed Julian the Frenchman inch by inch but he had my by a puny chest.

Fuck I was nervous for this race. JB was standing by me on the startline and remarked on how his heart rate was going manic. I was exactly the same. We all set off and Bartles was the one pushing the pace. At 300m my legs were starting to feel tired and 10 people were in front of me and I was thinking what the fuck. I then found a gap on the left hand side and pushed the pace to suddenly find myself in 4th with Bartles (leading) 5m in front and Tucks and JB on my shoulder. At the dodgy hairpin I put some effort in and concentrated on catching the Bart. Tucks dropped off, Julian came on my shoulder and we caught Bartles with 300m to go. From then it was shoulder to shoulder with Julian taking line honours and a place on the podium with some saucy ladies from Cancer Australia. I had to make do with a Carlton Draught on the sidelines and $500 per person for retaining the team trophy.

Not bad for 4:37 mins effort. Having said that, the 4:37 effort made half of us barf and the other half taste blood for the rest of the afternoon.

Where was the Tiger!! That was the question of the day. He should have taken 3rd spot.

1 comment:

Tim said...

Congrats Tom , great effort from you and well done to 'Team HuRTS' once more. Even if it was with a 'Walker' in the team (Tucks) - Also when are you going to start getting some decent bets on the go - everyone you seem to have these days is so one sided its not funny.No wonder you can afford to buy new shoes for the kids every second week :)
Have to lock in a social night now for the HuRTS boys to celebrate the win?